Staying compliant should be a concern for anyone running a business. At the same time, it shouldn’t be an inconvenience or cause disruption for your employees.
With the ELD mandate right around the corner, you need to ensure you’re protected with the right solution in place. Make sure you do your homework - find an easy to implement, affordable and reliable provider who can help you.
You’ll want to get started as soon as possible so that you can:
- Meet federal and state regulations
- Implement new internal processes
- Train your team on the new workflow
- Increase productivity ASAP
- Reduce the chance of downtime
- Run tests to get familiar with new system
- Minimize stress - don’t procrastinate
What is an Electronic Logging Device (ELD)?
An electronic logging device records driving time and creates digital reports that are provided to the DOT.
What is the ELD mandate?
“The purpose of the rule is to limit the ability of drivers to work the maximum number of hours currently allowed, or close to the maximum, on a continuing basis to reduce the possibility of driver fatigue. Long daily and weekly hours are associated with an increased risk of crashes and with the chronic health conditions associated with lack of sleep. These changes will affect only the small minority of drivers who regularly work the longer hours.” - Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration
When will the ELD mandate go into effect?
Businesses have until December 18, 2017, to implement certified ELDs that record Hours of Service.
Who will be affected by the ELD mandate:
- Trucks weighing 10,001 pounds or more
- Transporting 16 or more passengers (including driver)
- Trucks that travel across state borderlines
- Businesses recording drivers records of duty status
- Transporting hazardous materials in a quantity requiring placards
Who is exempt:
- Businesses who are NOT currently recording RODS OR record RODS for less than 8 business days each month
- Vehicles manufactured before the year 2000
- Driving a vehicle for sale or repair
- Towing a vehicle away
About WorkWave GPS’s HoS Solution:
- Tablet-based for Electronic Logging Device (ELD) and vehicle inspections
- FMSCA certified
- Compatible with WorkWave GPS devices
Reach out to a WorkWave GPS representative to learn how you can prepare your business for the ELD mandate with an HoS solution.